Team barbecued salmon that’s cooked to perfection with delicious dill and avocado salad.
- Olive oil, plus extra to brush
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 tbs lemon juice and wedges to serve
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Skinless salmon fillets
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
Dill & avocado salad
- 1 cucumber, halved, sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- ½ bunch dill, fronds picked
Combine olive oil, lemon zest and garlic, then season well. Slice the salmon on a 45-degree angle into 1cm-thick slices. Coat the salmon in the marinade and set aside for 15 minutes.
Preheat a barbecue or chargrill to high.
Combine the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice. Season well and set dressing aside.
For the salad, combine all ingredients.
Brush the chargrill with olive oil and cook the salmon for 30 seconds each side or until just cooked and slightly charred.
Toss the salad with the dressing, then serve with the salmon and lemon wedges.