This ‘rice’ is a great side dish to get us eating more vegies. Omit the chillies and serve with a stir-fry or casserole.
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 small red chillies, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Extra sliced spring onion, to serve
- Pink Himalayan salt flakes, to season
Using a food processor, process cauliflower florets until very finely chopped.
If you don’t own a food processer, you can grate the raw cauliflower on the coarse side of the grater. You may find you’re left with a few bigger pieces, which will give the ‘rice’ a chunkier texture, which I actually prefer.
Heat coconut oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add chilli, ginger, spring onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until chilli has softened and mixture is fragrant. Add cauliflower, cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and light golden.
Season well with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with extra green onion.