Give fresh salmon a spicy twist with marinade and lime-infused yoghurt. Thanks to its cooling powers, this long, crisp vegetable is the perfect partner for spicy mains, such as this Indian-style fish.
for 2 persons:
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala spice
- ½ cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½-1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- a bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- 90 gr natural yoghurt, optional
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Season the salmon with salt, and garam masala spices. Heat 1 tablespoon of cocoanut oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the salmon to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Turn and cook for 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to the lined tray. Bake for 8 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
Meanwhile, place the cucumber, tomato and onion in a bowl. Combine lime juice, olive oil and ground cumin, and whisk together. Season with salt and pepper. Add it to the cucumber mixture and toss to combine. Scatter with coriander leaves.
Divide the cucumber salad and salmon among serving plates. Drizzle over the yoghurt if using.