A fresh twist on a Vietnamese-style chicken salad. A summertime hit!
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 4 cm ginger root, peeled, thinly sliced
- 6 coriander stems
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 4 chicken breast fillets (appr 800 grams)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Thai fishsauce
- 1 tbsp palmsugar, finely grated
- 2 small mangoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 red paprika, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced diagonally
- a bunch of mint, leaves picked
- a bunch of coriander, leaves picked
- roasted cashews, coarsely chopped to serve
Bring stock, ginger, coriander stems and 250ml (1 cup) coconut milk to a simmer in a deep frying pan over low heat. Add the chicken. Cook for 15 minutes or until just cooked. Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to infuse. Use tongs to transfer to a plate. Set aside to cool. Shred.
Meanwhile, combine the lime juice, fish sauce, palm sugar and remaining coconut milk in a small bowl.
Combine the chicken, dressing, mango, avocado, capsicum, spring onion, chilli, half the mint and half the coriander leaves in a large bowl. Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with the cashew and the remaining mint and coriander.