This is another one of my sons favorite dishes, and it is a great healthy weeknight dinner. It is very important to serve this with a good tzatziki!
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped (or ½ tsp dried)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 600 gr chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and cut into dice
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 40 gr black (kalamata) olives, pitless, cut in half
- 100 gr feta cheese, crumbled
- 20 gr flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 pita breads, warm
Mix together red wine vinegar, lemonjuice, oregano and thyme in a bowl, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Slowly whisk in the oil. Reserve 2 tbsp of this dressing for the salad. Stir the remaining dressing through the chicken, so all the pieces are coated with dressing.
Fry the chicken in a non-stick pan on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes, while stirring. When cooked through and tender, take the pan off the heat, cover with foil.
Mix tomatoes, red onion, olives, feta cheese and parsley in a bowl, and mix in the reserved 2 tbsp of dressing.
To serve: fill the warm pita breads with chicken, tomato salad and tzatziki.